Children's Residential Support Workers (Holywood)
Children's Residential Support Worker
Working Hours: 38 hour per week fully flexible
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit Children's Residential Support Workers, exclusively for our client, Camphill Community Glencraig.
Opened in September 1954, Glencraig was the first Camphill Community established in Northern Ireland. Camphill Community Glencraig's main aim is to care for and support each individual's unique potential, fostering choice, self esteem and independence. Camphill is also set in a stunning, picturesque environment spanning around 100 acres of land, offering something completely different and unique in the sector.
This role's purpose is to assist the in providing the highest possible standard of support and care to children and/or young people with disabilities and challenging behaviour. This role will at times call for an element of personal care.
- Assist the child/young person as directed by the Group Leaders/Senior Support Workers
- Promote and participate in maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the child/young person
- Follow the child/young person's risk assessment and report any concerns or incidents about the child/young person to their line manager.
- Supervise the child/young person during the day/night either at home or in school and assist the child/young person with intimate care needs where required
- Ensure robust and detailed communication between key stakeholders involved in child / young person's care
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and 6 months experience of providing care/support in a paid or voluntary setting
- 1 years experience of providing care/support in a paid or voluntary setting without an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Effective communication skills, basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work under pressure
- Be comfortable with provision of personal care
- Full flexibility to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends and unsocial hours on a rota basis
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a salary of £17,369 with annual pay increases, 20 days annual leave pro rata, plus 12 statutory days, Organisation Pension available with qualification period, Occupational Sick Pay Scheme with Qualification periods, Commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.