Working on behalf on a local government body we are actively recruiting for Civic Ammenity Attendants.
Civic Ammenity Attendants - Limavady- £7.83 - £8.68 per hour
Hours: 28.5 hrs Mon- Wed or Thurs - Sat
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The safe operation of the site and associated area, in accordance with Council's procedures for the disposal of certain waste items.
To ensure the best operational relationships and highest standards of customer service, to members of the public.
Duties will include:
- Collection and recording of all information as required under Council's procedures and issue receipts for the depositing of controlled waste.
- Segregation and collection of materials suitable for recycling, e.g. glass, aluminium cans, scrap metal, waste oil, etc.
- Assist members of the public in the form of unloading and guidance on how to use the site properly.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and tidy, and free of all litter/debris which may be borne by wind or illegally dumped.
- Maintain shrub beds and grass areas around the site as required.
- Assist with the pick up and emptying of skips by the rear end loader.
- Opening and closing of the site to ensure their security outside opening hours.
- Control of all site traffic in a safe and orderly manner.
- Remove mud or other debris deposited by vehicles using the site from the road at the entrance to the site.
- Ensuring that only those persons entitled to use the site are permitted access and reporting any breaches of access to immediate supervisor.
- Ensuring that access roads within the site are adequately maintained and reporting defects immediately to immediate supervisor.
- Reporting all complaints from members of the public using the facility to immediate supervisor.
- Use the communication systems provided ensuring safe keeping at all times.
- Keeping the facilities provided clean and tidy at all times.
1. A minimum of one year's general labouring experience.
2. An awareness of the importance of personal responsibility for health & safety
Hold a current valid driving licence with access to a suitable form of transport to enable performance of the duties of the post.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a member of the Grafton Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.