Grafton Built Environment are currently recruiting for a small family run business who are looking to hire a Civil Engineer to join their busy team based out of their County Monaghan office on a permanent basis. My client has a steady flow of work in the private residential and commercial sectors.
Applications from various levels available at this time, from recent Graduates to Engineers with 4-6 years experience. The role is mainly office based, with occasional site visits to Dublin and north of Dublin areas.
· Ensuring that health and safety is given the highest priority in delivery in the delivery of their works
· Ensure that sufficient information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and to resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
· Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence.
· Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required.
· Develop programmes with senior engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings.
·Communicate with foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
· Check the works during progress and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the setting-out information provided, measured and signed off before covering up and that information is passed to the QS and QA function.
· Communicate to the QA and QS engineer non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / etc. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
· Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for the weekly review.
· Take receipt of materials and check description, quality, markings and condition before signing for and ensure that all tickets are passed to the section engineer for coding.
· Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
· Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractor's attendance.
· Ad hoc duties as job requires
What you will bring:
- Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering & Management degree or Degree and experience in a related discipline
- Competent with all aspects of setting out and taking levels
- Residential, Commercial, and Industrial experience would be an advantage
- Full clean driving license
Our client are an established name in the Civil Engineering and Construction industry of South NI, North ROI and have scope to offer a clear career path to successful applicants.
How to apply:
Either apply via the link below or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 02890 323 333 for a confidential conversation. Alternatively, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Health & Safety, Sales & Marketing, HR, Manufacturing and Procurement.