This locally owned insurance broker has been providing personal and commercial insurance solutions to their clients across the province for over 20 years. They are looking to recruit a Claims Technician as a result of sustained growth.
This is an excellent role for someone at the beginning of their claims / insurance career, looking to add to their experience by joining this industry leader in NI. If you are keen to join a firm that pride themselves on developing products that meet the needs of their customers then forward your CV to me in confidence for a confidential conversation.
- To take notification of new claims.
- To advise and direct client on how to proceed with claim.
- To instruct suppliers on behalf of designated insurance companies.
- To investigate, negotiate and settle designated motor damage claims on behalf of clients.
- Liaise with garages, engineers, hire companies and solicitors' on client's behalf. Instruct suppliers on behalf of designated insurance companies.
- Ensuring efficient progress and update of claims through the system.
- Dealing with enquiries from insurance brokers, insurance companies, policyholders and other clients.
- Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers. Liaising with senior technician and team leader as and when necessary. Forwarding cheques to clients.
- Preparation of documentation for claim settlement. Reporting to insurers.
- Maintaining FCA compliance at all times.
- Ideally you will be able to evidence one year's experience in a claims role, however candidates with any sort of experience in insurance will be considered (essential).
- Working knowledge of Open GI again would be ideal, but not essential..
- A good working knowledge of computerised insurance systems
- Excellent customer service and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of systems.
- An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
- Self motivated with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to investigate and make prompt decisions.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Exam support.
- Free on-site parking.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.