Salary- Minimum wage
My client is looking for someone who provides support to the individual student. You will be accompanying the student class to class, meeting the student at reception each morning to leaving them to their transport each afternoon.
You will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Meeting the student at reception each morning, going class to class and at the end of the school day leaving them to their transport.
- Providing in-class support as directed by the Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator and subject teacher.
- Preparing and producing appropriate resources.
- Accompanying the student on all educational visits and outgoings.
- Supervise when necessary during breaks and home time.
- Support in implementing behavioural management as directed.
- Help prepare for school events.
- Be aware of school policies, procedures and confidential issued.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes Grade A-C including Maths and English.
- Experience working in a school or youth based environment for a minimum of six months.
- Knowledge of the requirements of a classroom assistant.
- NVQ Level 2 or above in childcare.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Having a willingness to contribute to curricular activities.
- Having a relevant degree.
Applicants must hold essential criteria at time of application otherwise you will not be considered for this role.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you are looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria please attach your CV for consideration for the attention of Megan Smith.