MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To carry out cleaning and general attendant duties and assist with the daily operational requirements at Benone including the delivery of events
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES
The responsibilities of the post holder will include the following:
- Be responsible for maintaining a high standard of tidiness, cleanliness and safety of the buildings, facilities and Benone's grounds.
- Ensure a safe environment for the public by checking all equipment, fixtures and fittings within your remit of responsibility, reporting, and where applicable, cordoning off any defective equipment until repaired.
- Establish and maintain a good and respectful relationship with the public, customers and other members of staff.
- Adhere to health and safety standards at all times throughout Benone, and associated areas.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all public areas including foyer, toilets, shower cubicles, changing rooms, caravan washrooms, laundry rooms, Activities Area, pool surrounds, play areas and water features, replenishing toilet rolls, replacing refuse bags, brushing the play areas and other cleaning duties as required around Benone.
Carry out litter-picking within caravan sites, car park and within perimeter of Benone grounds as directed.
Water outdoor plants within the Activities Area as required.
Spot-check on tickets, collect range balls and monitor users in relation to crazy golf and golf course rules and
Report all incidents/accidents and complete all necessary records/incidents sheets pertaining to the safety and supervision of patrons.
- Assist with the design, implementation and delivery of an events and entertainment programme and compete and record the associated documentation
- When required ticket collection and monitoring of access to the pool.
- Be responsible for the safe keeping of keys and the security of all stores during shift.
- Wear uniform and protective clothing whilst on duty.
- To undertake all duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- At least 4 months' experience working with the general public
- Previous experience of working with children/young people in a leadership/supervisory or mentoring role.
- At least 4 months cleaning experience in an environment used by the public, including toilets and showers
- Good understanding of Health & Safety required in a public environment.
- Satisfactory references from previous work
1. Valid public First Aid Certificate such as St. John Ambulance or Red Cross Award
Applicants must clearly indicate in their application how their experience to date meets the requirements of the Job Description and fulfills the criteria contained in the Personnel specification.
This post is based on approx 37hrs per week covering Monday - Sunday
£9.00 per hr
Full availability is required over summer period