Temporary Cleaner/Labourer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week as per set rota
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To carry out general cleaning duties in all locations as directed
- Use of all cleaning, buffing, polishing, vacuuming and other necessary machinery and equipment supplied
- To transport, erect and dismantle tables, chairs and mobile staging etc. in all the main function rooms and at all other locations as specified
- To assist as required in liaising with event organisers to ensure that all layout, legal, health and safety, evacuation, entrance and egress requirements are fulfilled with regard to the setting up of functions in all of the function rooms and other areas.
- To provide a full portering service, including the collection and disposal of recyclable and other refuse and the collection and delivery of mail and other items between the main civic buildings
- To attend as required at ceremonial and other functions and to assist as required with bar duties and hospitality
- To replenish all towels, toilet rolls, soap dispensers and similar items
- To assist the handy person as required, including the setting up/dismantling of audio-visual and other equipment
- To provide deep-cleaning services and assist with office moves, re-locations etc. and the movement of office furniture etc. as required
- To receive daily deliveries at the back gate of the main building and transport them to the appropriate recipients as required
- To assist as necessary in the cleaning of public conveniences and other facilities, to open/close and secure these premises where required and to report any incidents or damage to the Building Cleaning Officer or Supervisor in a timely manner
- To assist as required in the induction and training of new recruits, agency and other temporary workers
- To undergo all training deemed necessary to effectively carry out all of the above, as required.
- Demonstrate at least one year's experience in carrying out deep cleaning duties, including the use of cleaning machinery and chemicals, setting up/breakdown of furniture and equipment for functions and portering duties
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.