Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require Cleansing Labourers to cover various areas of Causeway Coast and Glens from 17/04/2019 until 28/04/2019.
37 hours per week, Monday - Sunday, 8.30pm - 3.30pm and 3.30pm - 10.30pm. 5 of 7 days.
By its nature the post will require flexible working, for example, work outside normal office hours, including evening, weekends and bank holidays as required.
Main Purpose of Post :
- Litter Picking (beach, grass areas, fly-tipping etc.)
- Maintaining Public Toilet Cleanliness
- Emptying Litter and Doggie Bins
- Sweeping streets (hand brush etc.)
- Store Maintenance (cleaning and tidying)
- Lorry Loading (small lorry)
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
The list of duties/responsibilities must not be considered comprehensive nor exhaustive. They are simply a summary of the main duties/responsibilities that the post holder will be required to undertake. No Job Description can cover every issue that may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this Job Description.
Essential Criteria :
- 16 years of age and over at date of appointment.
- At least 2 months experience of working outside in all weathers.
- Able to work in one or more of the following areas: Coleraine, Portstewart, Portrush, Downhill, Portballintrae and Castlerock.
- Able to communicate effectively with the general public.
- Ability to be able to lift heavy items.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Be physically fit with no underlying medical conditions that would affect or restrict the duties of the position.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.