Our Client, a Large Public Organisation based in Limavady require a Cleansing Operative to join their team asap.
Role : Cleansing Operative
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £7.83p/hr 13 weeks £8.82p/hr
Main Duties :
- The Cleansing Operative will undertake, in all weather conditions, a range of duties within the Cleansing section in relation to Refuse Collection, Street Cleansing and Public Toilets as directed by the Cleansing Officer.
- To undertake, either individually or as a member of a team, duties concerned with cleansing and to maintain a courteous attitude towards the public at all times.
Essential Criteria :
- At least 1 years' experience of working within a waste collection, waste disposal or recycling environment, where such duties constitute at least half the post duties
- At least 1 years' experience working in a customer related type environment including dealing with the public.
- Be able to demonstrate by example previous experience of heavy manual work
- Ability to work as part of a team in order to complete designated collection schedule
- Awareness/understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities
- Awareness/understanding of waste collection
- Hold a current driving licence in category B+E
- Be available to work outside normal hours.
- Be able to work outdoors in all weathers
- As the post involves significant walking for long distances (up to 12 miles daily) and manual handling elements, the post holder must be of satisfactory level of general fitness.
- Possess a current C1 + E licence
- Possess a basic Health & Safety qualification, e.g. CIEH Manual Handling, CIEH Level 2 award in Health & Safety, or equivalent.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.