We are now recruiting for a Clerical Officer to undertake administrative tasks and provide clerical support as required on a 3 month temporary basis. Our client based in Carrick-On-Shannon, understands that their employees are their most valuable resource and seek to maximise their potential through professional and personal development as well as structured training.
- Data and Word Processing
- Telephone Techniques
- Recording, filing and retrieval of information and documentation
- Distribution of information
- Production of letters and memos
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking general office administration including, filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, sending mail and general clerical work
- Data input - inputting data / text to IT systems
- Maintenance of records and filing systems both manual and electronic to effectively manage all information within a section
- Creation and maintenance of mailing lists
- Answering the telephone, dealing effectively with routine telephone queries and taking accurate messages
- Assist in locating and compiling data for papers / reports as required
- Make full use of all office equipment; telephone, fax, PC etc to ensure that communication flows are effective at all times
- Compile reports, papers, proposals, letters, memos or charts using Word, Excel, Powerpoint as required
- Assist line manager in carrying out duties of the Body as required
- Undertake reception duties and deal with visitors
- Leaving Certificate (Standard / Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-D (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent. OR Five GCSEs grades A-C (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent
- A minimum of three years' relevant experience gained in an administrative role, where relevant is defined as possessing experience in ALL of the following:-
- IT skills, experience in Word and Excel
- Dealing with customer queries in person and by telephone
- Experience of handling correspondence and keeping records
- The ability to effectively use IT systems: Competence in use of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- The ability to plan and organise workload to achieve quality results within required timescales
- The ability to contribute as an effective team member and to support others
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal with internal /external customers with confidence
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment and to work with minimum supervision
This is an excellent opportunity for an immediate start within a very well established organisation.
For immediate consideration, please forward an up-to-date CV. Please note, interested applicants must be available for an immediate interview.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.