Full Time Temporary
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting on behalf of their longstanding client for a Clerical Supervisor. This role is based in Belfast City Centre and the main functions of this role are:
- Managing payment runs
- Recording Irregularities
- Analysing and monitoring financial data
- Producing financial reports
- Reconciling Financial Data
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Liaising with both internal and external parties
- Assisting with audit queries
- Processing payments to projects in line with procedures, including preparing necessary paperwork for manager/reviewer signature, entering journals on SUN and management of cash balances.
- Recording and reporting of irregularities.
- Analysing and interpreting financial information.
- Inputting journals on the SUN accounting system to record financial transactions, including cash receipts and bank transfers.
- Preparing month end account reconciliations.
- Oversee the integrity and control of the data stored on the information systems.
- Implement and update procedures and ensure they are followed by staff.
- Request funds from Accountable Departments.
- Respond to queries from external stakeholders, including Accountable Departments and Auditors.
- Manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of our client.
- Assist the Officers in the completion of administrative tasks.
- Prepare reports, papers, proposals, letters, and memos for both internal and external use as required.
- Develop knowledge of the work carried out by the organisation.
- Use initiative to identify and suggest improvements to processes and working methods.
- Ad hoc support.
- 5 GCSES grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 year's experience gained in the last 5 years in a financial environment.
- Working with high volumes of financial data and analysis of same.
- Preparation of journals and account reconciliations.
- Processing high value payments to suppliers / projects, including preparing and reviewing payment files, and ensuring correct authorisation.
- Managing cash-flow.
- Good technical skills with previous experience using Excel to record and analyse financial information.
- Experience using an accounting system.
- Previous experience in working with a team.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria for this role please attach your CV for the attention of Katie Doyle.