Our client, a large manufacturing company based in the Ballymena area require experienced CNC Programmers/Setters and operators for an immediate start.
Role: CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator
Salary: £10-£14 per hour
- Programming, setting and operating the 5 Axis Machine as directed by Management to produce complex and specialist components as a one off test/trial work piece and/or producing components in small or large batches.
- Read and interpret engineering documentation such as drawings, technical data and computer generated programmers to produce work in line with the company's Quality Management System
- Setup, operate and adjust/edit equipment settings as applicable to the machine tool being used.
- Produce, prove and/or edit programmes.
- Make adjustments to the equipment/programme to ensure components meet the required specification.
- Loading and unloading of the CNC bed.
- Maintenance and inspection of equipment by completing preventative maintenance; following manufacturer's instructions; trouble shooting malfunctions, cleaning and co-coordinating repairs.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to Health and Safety Regulations and the wearing of PPE.
- Proactive problem solving and identifying areas for improving the business.
- Communicating with Management to ensure scheduled work is in line with business needs/projects.
- Able to work with minimum supervision taking responsibility and accuracy of the work.
- Able to work to tight tolerances
- 5 GCSE's C or above including Maths and English
- Extensive experience in programming setting/operating 5 axis CNC mills
- Good understanding of cutting materials
- Read & interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to plan method of work including tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Experience setting and maintaining cutting tools
- Experience in inspecting parts using measuring equipment
- CAD/CAM qualification 3rd level qualification in a related engineering discipline
- Fork truck experience
- Must be conversant in inspection equipment
- Working knowledge of master CAM or DELL CAM
If interested and meet the criteria, please attach your CV to the job description and a member of the Grafton team will be in contact. Alternatively you can send you CV direct to Alan at firstname.lastname@example.org