Our client is a global, manufacturing firm based on the outskirts of Derry City. They are looking to recruit a Collections Associate to join their flexible finance team, comprising of Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, General Ledger Accounting and Trade Compliance.
The Collections Associate is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency while maintaining a professional relationship with customers. The Collections Associate position holds a key role in managing customer accounts, mitigating risk, as well as building internal and external relationships. The primary objective is to ensure that customer credit risk is properly evaluated and monitored to optimise working capital and profitability for a specific customer portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Making outbound calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Identify, investigate and resolve payment variances. This will include short payments, late payments, past terms discounts, duplicate billings, etc.
- Reviewing open accounts for collections efforts.
- Applying payments and facilitating resolution of customer disputes
- Proactively identifying process improvement opportunities that will reduce future occurrences of aged accounts receivable balances and work with appropriate internal contacts to implement those improvements.
- Maintain financial and data accuracy through adhering to all financial policies and procedures.
- Commits to adhering to Service Level Agreements both within the company and with outside customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access, and other software as needed to perform duties of the position
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate and external customers to manufacturing employees, both written and oral.
- Strong organisational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information
- Ability to work independently or/and collaboratively, and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Language skills
- SAP experience
- Collections / Accounts Receivable experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leader with ambitious growth plans. To be part of this successful team, please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.