Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary College Connect Lead Mentor to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.71
13+ week's £12.71
Location: Belfast, BT and BT14
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Experience of dealing with challenging behavioural issues;
- Knowledge of the barriers to education for young people;
- Knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people;
- Hold a level 6 qualification (degree or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
- Two years' relevant* employment experience (*relevant defined as experience working with young people 16-24 in an educational or youth setting OR as experience motivating and engaging young people with a range of challenges e.g. health, emotional, social or learning).
- English GCSE at Grade c or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy or equivalent;
- Lead on recruitment programme
- Support and mentor participants on programme
- Lead on mentoring activities and delivery of a mentoring programme including careers and employability skills;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland