Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary College Connect Mentor to start ASAP.
Pay rate: £10.05 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT12
Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Level 6 qualification (degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- One years' experience working with young people 16-24 yrs in an educational or youth setting
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy or equivalent OR NICATS Access Maths Modules
- Experience of dealing with challenging behavioural issues
- Demonstrable knowledge of the barries to education for young people
- Demonstrable knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To support the recruitment of young people onto a programme.
- To provide mentoring skills to the young people on the programme and support them on the course.
- To monitor their progress and to handle any emerging issues.
- To deliver some 'soft skills' training with regards to personal and social development and employability skills
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland