Our well established client in the Carrickfergus area are looking to recruit a Commercial Back Office Analyst to join their team part time for 6 months.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the successful applicant will play an active part in an integrated Commercial team ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the daily operational trading and settlement of hedging activities including electricity, coal, gas, carbon, freight/transportation and ancillary services.
Key responsibility is to assist with the day to day delivery of the Back Office operations including validation, settlement and invoicing of all commercial activities including SEM (Single Electricity Market), I-SEM (Integrated Single Electricity Market), PPA (Power Purchase Agreements), fuel and hedge contracts in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
The post holder will also be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders including Operations & Maintenance teams, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and Finance to ensure effective and efficient communication and reporting.
The post holder will also be responsible for all relevant data within the transaction management Systems and solutions in relation to commercial hedging, settlement transactions and credit exposure positions, and will support the safe, efficient and profitable operation.
- Third level qualification (minimum HNC) in an economic, business, financial, engineering or equivalent numeric / mathematical qualification
- Solid analytic and problem solving skills with emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to promote effective team working
- Competent in the use of MS Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Fluent in the English language
- Degree in an economic, business, financial, engineering or other mathematical/numeric discipline
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting activities