This global insurance broker, one of Northern Irelands' leading firms, has been providing a range of insurance services to their clients for over 30 years.
Grafton Specialist team are working with them to recruit a Commercial Director to operate from their Belfast office.
This is an excellent role for an experienced Account Handler to join this established local broker during a period of exciting growth. If you are keen on joining a firm who are committed to providing Northern Ireland with Insurance Solutions which are valued by individuals, families and businesses then forward your CV to me in confidence for a confidential conversation.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and prospects with accountability for retention of clients and new business development within the unit. In addition you will manage and develop client relationships and grow portfolio within the business unit and will be responsible for targeting and converting prospects.
- Understand the clients' business and their risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service.
- Identify primary budget holders and decision makers within clients, establish and maintain active relationships with these people.
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise where required.
- Draw on expertise within specialist technical teams within the BU and across the Group for clients as required.
- Networking - internally with other BUs, within the sector, and with external specialists (lawyers, TPAs, insurers).
- Actively support the drive of the sales process and business area practice activity in relation to winning, retaining and developing profitable new clients.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of prospects including research, initiation of contact, meetings, responding to RFPs, new business presentations, accurately maintaining WTW CRM database in order to create and convert sales opportunities.
- Work closely and maintain working relationships with the market contacts (and the Broking Team) as required.
- Ensure transparency of agency and other commitments made to carriers and clients.
- Ensure compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements.
- Lead and deliver the end to end ongoing client service, adhering to standardised policies, procedures and service standards.
- Support the BU in accurate budgeting, forecasting and tracking of revenue.
- Deliver high levels of client service in line with company standard operating procedures for client activity.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Corporate Account Director/Executive or similar role.
- Preferably educated to a degree level.
- Preferably with professional qualifications of ACII or similar.
- Strong practical knowledge of commercial insurance and account development and appropriate tools to achieve this aim.
- Experienced knowledge of commercial insurance markets globally in order to deal effectively with client and company needs.
- Experienced at new business sales process and track record of converting prospects to clients.
- Skilled at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience of working with and adhering to processes and systems to support client service delivery.
- Highly competitive basic salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Exam support.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.