Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting on behalf a training services provider for a Commercial Manager. The Commercial Manager will be responsible for all commercial aspects including revenue generation and management and ensuring that all company financial KPIs are met. The Commercial Manager will have the presence and professional experience to be able to lead the commercial and operational aspects of the company, with a level of autonomy.
* Lead the development of an initial strategy and operating plan, ensuring goals and objectives are set
* Produce a budget to support the delivery of the strategy - manage and achieve this budget
* Identify the knowledge, skills and resources required in both the short- and longer-term to deliver the strategy and ensure plans are created to have these resources in place in a timely manner
* Understand the company's goals and purpose, to enhance business performance and the targeting of aligned new business opportunities
* Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure the business works effectively and in line with any legal or regulatory requirements
* Appointing and managing 3rd party providers where necessary in relation to specific training requirements or other resources
* In conjunction with the Marketing Manager, develop a clear marketing plan to ensure that company becomes a recognised brand in the provision of training
* Maintain awareness and understanding of competitor offerings and activities and use this knowledge to aid with strategic planning activity
* Identify and pursue business development opportunities
* Grow the business by maximizing sales opportunities with existing and new customers
* Identify opportunities for expanding the portfolio of training provision
* Attend industry and other relevant functions, such as association events and conferences, to keep abreast of market trends
* Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators
* Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in accordance with Board requirements
* Manage budgets, providing regular updates
* Support the commercial success of the business through focusing on cost control and efficiencies
* Prepare operational reports for Board meetings each month to report on progress, activity undertaken & growth achieved, etc.
* Develop a suite of KPIs and regularly report on these, taking corrective actions were required
* Assume overall responsibility for the management, leadership and engage of the team to ensure the team is managed effectively and any issues are dealt with in a timely and appropriate fashion
* Ensure roles and responsibilities of all team members are clear
* Set clear performance objectives and ensure these are measured and managed effectively
* Ensure an appropriate focus on personal development and required skilling for all team members
* Maintain professional knowledge and competence on both company policies and regulatory standards
* Attend training courses and updates as deemed necessary
* Leading by example - role model company values and professional standards at all times
* Along with the CEO, set clear personal development plans and actively work to achieve these
* Any other duties role may involve
* Budgetary Management including control of budgets and P&L management
* Experience of creating and executing a business plan
* Experience of business development with public, private or third sector businesses
* Commercial experience - relevant experience of setting up or managing a business
* Experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplined team
* Experience in MS Office packages
* Full, current driving license and access to own vehicle
* Degree in business-related or other relevant qualification
* Knowledge of the training and development market and the competitive set
The successful Commercial Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £45,000 - 50,000 per annum depending on experience plus mileage allowance.
The Commercial Manager role will be based in County Armagh.
If you would like to discuss this Commercial Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.