Are you a highly skilled and experienced Estimator, with main contractor experience, looking to join a one of Northern Irelands most forward thinking Construction Companies?
The primary purpose of this role is to identify and secure new contract opportunities, produce competitive tenders and ensure profitable completion of the project.
The successful candidate will be working projects from £500,000 and above.
What will you be doing as an Estimator?
- Identify and seek inclusion on tender opportunities
- Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications
- Undertaking Take-Offs
- Pricing a diverse range of trades from first principles
- Sub-contract tender analysis
- Attending pre-tender interviews and post tender presentations
- Developing Client and Consultant relations
- Reviewing the status of tenders and department workload with the Construction Director.
- Reviewing the performance of projects against tendered values.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team
You should apply for the role of Senior Estimator if you have
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within an Estimating role
- A proven background in successfully delivering a wide range of tenders
- Experience of various construction methods
- The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams
- The ability to present plans clearly and accurately
- Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers
- Literate in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be advantageous, not a necessity
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.