Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Committee and Member Services Officer to join their team.
Role : Committee and Member Services Officer.
Location : Coleraine.
Hours of work : 30 hrs per week Monday to Thursday.
Houry Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.60p/hr 13 weeks + £ 12.37p/hr
Main Duties :
- To provide an administrative, event management and advisory support service for the Mayor and Deputy Mayor and to provide proactive and advisory support service to all Members' of Council when required.
- Set up, prepare for, attend and service meetings of Council, its Committees, Sub Committees, Corporate workshops and other meetings as appropriate.
- Scheduling of meetings and workshops, booking rooms, preparation and distribution of agenda, ensuring any ICT requirements for the meeting venue are in place, recording of decisions taken at meetings, compilation and production of accurate and representative reports and minutes of meetings, within prescribed timescales and format for approval by authorised officers.
- Be responsible for preparing action lists of Council/Committee decisions for distribution to relevant officers; composition of correspondence arising out of meetings, as required; and maintaining a follow up/reminder system for correspondence/actions to track and monitor action.
- Research and collate background information for senior officers , as requested, for meetings and cross reference with relevant data.
- Respond to queries from Elected Members concerning the business of Council and Committee meetings.
- Administration of members expenses and allowances and liaise with the finance department regarding these.
- Provide research and advisory support to Elected Member.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A minimum of five GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent, including English Language and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, a minimum of one years' experience to include:
- All aspects of administering meetings of Council/Committees and related business.
- Working with elected members and senior management.
- Records management.
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have at least two years' experience to include the areas outlined at a-c above.
- One year's experience of using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
If you are interested and meet all Essential Criteria please apply via the link.