Communication Network Controller
Temporary Communication Network Controller required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30 - 16:30 but also free to cover 07:00 - 15:00)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To be responsible for the control of the communication network systems within Cleansing Services, for example, radio and telephones
- To assist with the coordination and utilisation of the civic amenity site 'system' and to liaise with the Transport Supervisor
- To answer and record general enquiries from the public and to deal with complaints or queries, in accordance with council procedures
- To communicate with staff on queries, passing on instructions and messages
- To take minutes at meetings and hearings, as required
- To carry out general clerical duties including operating a range of information technology systems
- To assist in the preparation of appropriate reports and other information as required
- To undertake any other duties that may be assigned as required by the Waste Collection Manager, Area Cleansing Manager and Supervisors
- To liaise with other departments to ensure coordination of service delivery
- To be responsible for the recording and issuing of fuel keys or cards and to monitor fuel usage within Cleansing Services
- To have responsibility for maintaining the fuel management system and assist as required with fuel delivery and stock-taking
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client
- 5 GCSE's Grades A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in effective communication and dealing with the public
- Experience carrying out a range of administration duties including writing reports and analysing information
- Relevant experience controlling and operating communication equipment including a two way radio system and extensive switchboard
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.