Communications Executive (Part Time, 18 Hours per Week)
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting a Part Time Communications Executive on behalf of an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. The Communications Executive is central to the successful delivery of the regional public voice, knowledge transfer and member communications programmes in Northern Ireland in order to raise the profile of infrastructure issues, civil engineering, civil engineers, company and its activities.
* Support and implement Communications Plan to ensure vision, core purpose and objectives are delivered effectively at regional level.
* Ensure effective communications with members of the outputs delivered in the region to ensure their on-going understanding, commitment and increased satisfaction.
* Coordinate the promotion of regional events to members and wider audiences through the production of promotional materials and other media in the delivery of knowledge transfer activities.
* Manage the content and development of the regional electronic communications and web pages to deliver timely, accurate, valuable and up-to-date information to provide effective member communication.
* Support in the development and co-ordination of outline programmes, liaison with speakers, and development of marketing campaigns including production of promotional materials for major regional seminars, conferences and breakfast meetings to ensure quality events which are valued by delegates and with attendance levels which result in surplus income (where relevant).
* Support volunteers with regional awards including marketing campaigns, sponsorship and collateral, prizes and media coverage to ensure that civil engineering achievement is recognised and rewarded.
* Build relationships with regional government and regional development organisations to assist the region in influencing policy development and implementation to reflect company's position and priorities for infrastructure.
* Establish and manage partnerships with industry bodies and media outlets to maximise impact of Public Voice activities.
* Provide professional communication project management and sourcing, including negotiations with suppliers to maximise efficient operations and use of limited budget.
* Significant experience of marketing communications
* Some experience of media relations and external relations
* Strong oral and written communications skills, and the ability to assimilate and distil technical information to produce copy and messages appropriate to the audience
* Strong reporting skills, the ability to provide regular, timely and concise reports, both verbal and written
* Attention to detail, with good proof reading and editing skills to ensure high quality outputs
* Experience of using Desktop Publishing software, databases and website Content Management Systems coding
* Experience with applications commonly used in PR activities
The successful Communications Executive will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus annual £100 wellbeing allowance, pension scheme, 24 hour employee support line, Death in service benefit equivalent to one year's salary, Interest free season ticket loan, Cycle to work scheme and Big Gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme.
The Communications Executive role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland