Temporary Community Centre Supervisor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To respond appropriately to routine enquiries from community groups or the general public whether by telephone, electronic means or in person.
- To issue and ensure the completion of booking forms, issue copies of the "Conditions of Hire" and maintain a desk diary of booking requests and approvals. This includes the special procedures associated with one-off bookings and events involving the consumption of alcohol.
- To issue receipts for booking money and collect and keep secure all cash received (including telephone).
- To prepare and lodge monies as required and comply with section policy on handling money.
- To complete and submit all necessary documentation, reports and official returns as required
- To set out equipment and furniture as required for booking and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that equipment and furniture is properly cared for and the risk of damage or theft is minimised.
- To act as key holder responsible for opening and closing of the centre, controlling access to all parts of the building and responding to "call-outs" as and when available.
- To make all health and safety checks including PAT certification for equipment brought in by external contractors, Fire Log Procedures and take appropriate action.
- To receive, ensure safe storage, adequate stock and economical use of all supplies and materials.
- To use appropriate emergency contact procedures during or outside office hours.
- To report major repairs or defects on the premises directly to the appropriate section
- To carry out minor repairs to preserve the maintenance and appearance of the premises, furniture and equipment.
- To set up and test new items of equipment and furniture to ensure proper operation, preserving associated literature.
- To remove graffiti and debris from around the outside of the premises to preserve the appearance of the building and maintain a tidy site.
- Use all industrial or powered cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- To ensure that all areas of the centre are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, including removal of litter, preparation, cleaning and dusting of all floor and wall surfaces, equipment and furniture, with particular attention to hygienic requirements in kitchen and toilet areas.
- To assist with hospitality arrangements as relevant.
- To act in accordance with the policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety and child protection and any pertinent legislation
- 6 months relevant experience in operation of facilities ideally in a supervisory capacity e.g. health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administrative duties
- Relevant experience in dealing with members of the public
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.