Our public sector client in the County Antrim area are looking for Community Health and Wellbeing Advisors for Ballymena and Larne areas.
Main Purpose of the role:
Delivery of regionally funded health and well being programmes, campaigns and initiatives within the Borough.
Develop and provide information, advice and interventions supporting behaviour change and the achievement of positive physical and mental health outcomes across the borough.
Working in partnership with key stakeholders and other service providers within the local community and voluntary sector to maximise efficient use of resources abd provide opportunities for local engagement on health and well being issues.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently deliver health and wellbeing interventions within the Borough, to include:-b undertaking household surveys as part of the DFI Affordable Warmth programme.The role may evolve in the future to include broader wellbeing activities in support of the Community Plan.
- Promotion and delivery of mental health/suicide prevention initiatives
- Home safety and energy efficiency advice to householders
- Provide advice and support to households, community, voluntary and faith based groups and other relevant stakeholders on health and wellbeing interventions designed to deliver positive health outcomes.
- Identify health and wellbeing needs of householders, undertaking advisory home visits, delivering applicable equipment and making onward referrals or signposting householders to appropriate support services as required.
- Promote health and wellbeing initiatives, including activities.
- Assist with the development of health and wellbeing promotional materials.
- Keep accurate and confidential records of activities, in accordance with department protocols, to assist with collation of information required for service delivery, monitoring purposes and future planning.
- Organise and deliver health and wellbeing programmes, (including training) campaigns, presentations and events within the Borough.
- Administer and implement externally funded regional programmes in accordance with both Funders and policies and procedures.
- Identify and develop work practice and innovation that will contribute to the improved delivery of health and wellbeing initiatives within the service and the wider community planning models.
- Continually review developments regarding health and wellbeing issues to ensure a sound knowledge of current statistical information, legislation, guidance and practice and to share this knowledge with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders.
- Develop links with staff, voluntary, community and statutory sectors and build and maintain co-operative and productive relationships.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Principal Environmental Health Officer.
- Assist with the procurement of programme resources and assist procurement in the preparation of quote/tender/contract documentation.
- Assist with the evaluation of health and well being programmes and campaigns where required.
- Attend meetings and represent on relevant local and regional groups as required.
- Participate in internal and external promotional and communication activities related to health and well-being interventions.
- Adhere to and comply with all policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for health and safety and risk management.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs.
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain efficiency and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of public money.
- 5 GCSE's to include Maths and English Language (Grade C OR ABOVE) or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have a minimum of 1 year experience to include one of the following areas: working within physical and mental health and well being related activities, working within home safety, working within energy efficiency, working with fuel poverty issues
- A full current driving licence
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel in Particular)
- A minimum of two of the following or equivalent: City and Guilds level 3 award in Energy awareness or equivalent