Community Support - Team Leader
Location: Antrim and Ballymena
Working Hours: 40 per week
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Community Support -Team Leader, permanent full time, for our client a multi-award winning healthcare provider in Northern Ireland and the ROI.
The successful candidate will plan, implement and deliver a quality service to clients in the community and to ensure the performance of care staff is monitored and maintained in accordance with standards as set out by the appropriate regulatory bodies. The successful candidate will also be expected to cover Care Assistant duties for 20 hours per week inclusive.
- Meet with care staff to carry out Interim Reviews, supervisions and Assessments as per the QA schedule.
- Mentor new care staff in their role, complete mentor sign off form within Interim Period.
- Deal with care assistant queries in relation to their work schedule and/or clients.
- Assist Community Manager with care assistant 1:1s, Probationary Reviews and Annual Appraisals as required.
- Attend and assist with investigatory and disciplinary meetings as required.
- Ensure sufficient levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) are available for care staff and ensure they are wearing these when completing the necessary tasks.
- Organize regular team meetings with care staff in conjunction with Community Manager.
- Assist Community Manager in the Making a difference meeting which are held regularly.
- Assist with recruitment & selection of new staff as required.
- Assist with rearrangement of work schedules (rotas/runs) of care assistants to ensure 'Best Practice' and 'Quality' is maintained at all times
- Deal with client queries promptly and record and report all actions.
- Organise and complete an introduction for all new clients
- Ensure all new referrals and any changes to client's care package are implemented on the system and communicated to care staff.
- Inform the client if their care assistant is late or there is a change to their usual care assistant.
- For all new clients, carry out a Care Plan Review with Client/Client Representative and ensure Home file is placed in the Client's Home within 48 hours of commencement of package.
- Ensure all amendments to Care Plans are communicated to Care Staff and ensure that home file is updated within 5 working days.
- QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- 1 years' experience of working in a Health and Social Care setting.
- Experience in managing a team of Care Assistants and able to handle complex and multiple tasks
- IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages
- Flexible and adaptable to work in any area within the region.
- Full valid driving licence /access to a car
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a competitive salary of up to £18,782 with the opportunity to avail of a discounted rate to complete your QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care, Pension and attractive mileage rate. You will also have the chance to work with an organisation who believes in offering a variety of career progression and careers opportunities.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.