Compliance Case Reviewer (Staff Officer)
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Compliance Case Reviewer to start ASAP for a duration of 12 months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50
13+ week's £17.43
Location: Belfast BT4
Hours: Flexi Time 9:00AM- 5:00PM (37)
- Agency Workers must have at least a total of 1 year's post qualification*, experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
- Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts;
- Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
- Developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems;
- Carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations.
- Post qualification experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which the Agency Worker was admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
- Workers to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Reviewing a range of reports, financial data and analytics to compile summary compliance reports for participants on the NIRHI Scheme.
- Modelling of financial returns and trends in heat use for individual Scheme participants.
- Augmenting and implementing processes and procedures for reviewing site inspection reports and investigating potential non-compliances. This will include identifying instances of fraud and potential abuse of the Scheme for financial gain. Information to be processed will include personal information which will be subject to GDPR requirements.
- Developing an understanding of NIRHI Regulations and Scheme Guidance and applying this knowledge to assess information and identify non-compliances.
- Liaising with participants to obtain further information and answering participant telephone queries in response to letters issued.
- Compiling reports for Ofgem setting out the evidence, providing supporting documents and recommendations for compliance/enforcement action, ensuring the information is complete and accurate before submitting the completed report to Deputy Principal for approval.
- Contributing to internal working groups and meetings as required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders (e.g. Ofgem Compliance Team).
- Handling Information Requests and dealing with compliance / governance branch returns.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland