Role: Information Standards Compliance Officer
Salary: Circa £27,000 - £30,000 plus benefits
Grafton Specialist Recruitment are working with this public transport firm to recruit an Information Standards & Compliance Officer to operate form their Belfast office
This is a fantastic opportunity for and experience Compliance Officer to gain unique experience in this niche, fast paced environment.
You will develop and promote improved information management practices across the organisation, and support the Information Manager to provide a high quality information compliance and governance service to include (but not limited to): the development and implementation of information management policies, associated procedures and provision of specialist information governance advice and guidance to the business.
- To support the business in maintaining compliance with legislation, standards and codes of practices relating to information governance to ensure best practice and statutory obligations are met.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders and customers across the business.
- To support the delivery of digital transformation initiatives by reviewing, designing new and maturing existing information management practices to deliver best practice and develop action plans to manage information efficiently and improve current compliance processes, systems and procedures across the Group.
- To undertake reviews, audits and maturity analysis as directed by the Information Manager to determine compliance and effectiveness against Information Governance standards and principles to include i.e. Public Records Act 1923 and Disposal of Documents Order, Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- To provide advice, guidance and training to the business on the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, as and when required as part of our legal obligations under GDPR.
- Fundamental member of the incident response team in the investigation of suspected, potential and actual data breaches and complaints concerning non-cyber data. The individual will be responsible for maintaining the non-cyber data incident management register and to provide support on change initiatives involving information governance risks and recommend opportunities to reduce non-cyber data security incidents.
- To champion detailed record keeping and information control for legal and evidential purposes and to monitor and provide guidance to the business on the on the full and complete cataloguing of information assets on Divisional Information Asset Registers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a legal or public sector environment working within an information governance
- Minimum of a 3rd level qualification.
- Ability to conduct audits and to report findings verbally and in writing which identify recommendations for corrective action.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competitive salary circa £27,000 - £30,000.
- Pension, discretionary bonus and free travel.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.