Grafton Specialist are assisting our client to recruit a Construction Buyer to join their expanding team.
The core responsibilities in this role will be to prepare accurate quantities and material schedules, competitively sourcing and co-coordinating the supply of plant and materials required for our projects.
Reporting to the Construction Director, you will manage pricing and trading agreements and quotations, ensuring our team deliver on time, meeting tight deadlines. Forecasting costs and estimates on a monthly basis along with regular cost reviews with the wider construction team will be essential in this role to work effectively.
As the Buying lead, you will provide feedback and guidance on cost and buildability to the construction team.
- Negotiate with suppliers and building strong robust, long term relationships
- Produce, understand and maintain procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as and where required
- Support the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the specification and programme for the project and contingencies in place where over runs occur
- Preparing budgets & reporting monthly on costs, overruns, & predicted increases
- Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, etc.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced buyer with strong construction experience
- Knowledge and experience of Northern Ireland, South of Ireland and mainland UK construction suppliers market
- Utilisation of online market for competitive prices
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines whilst being well organised, resilient and motivated
- Excellent, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent budget control and cost analysis skills
- Thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
Desirable but not essential:
- Relevant construction qualification
- Mechanical and electrical experience advantageous
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and can be discussed at interview stage.
Why use Grafton ?
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Health-care.