Consultant - Staff Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Staff Officer - Business Consultant to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months, with possibility of extension.
Pay rate: £12.50pr hr - first 12 weeks.
£17.23 pr hr after 12 weeks.
Location: Belfast, BT3
Consultant (Staff Officer) Business Consultancy Service
The post holder will be required to carry out the following duties, either individually or as part of a team:-
- Assist in the delivery of a portfolio of BCS consultancy assignments and reform projects, which through in-depth analysis, identification and options assessment puts forward recommendations that addresses a range of business issues.
- Assist in scoping, defining and designing consultancy projects to develop proposals that address business issues and meet client needs, with project and programme management methodologies to implement and manage change.
- Provide effective support to the project manager during consultancy assignments, including the administration required to support full cost recovery.
- Assume the role of project manager on smaller consultancy projects
- Assist organisations to think innovatively about managing and implementing change, by applying a range of consultancy techniques that support the reform of public services and improve business performance. These include, but are not limited to, structural design, organisational development, process improvement, change management, policy evaluation, business planning, business case development, human and financial resource utilisation.
- Apply analytical skills to support consultancy delivery, including research, data collection, analysis and interpretation, from a wide variety of sources, to derive recommendations.
- Support the project manager in managing client relationships and expectations, maintaining a focus on overall deliverables.
- Contribute to the PSRD work programme.
- Keep abreast of best practice in organisational development, change management and consultancy techniques and sharing knowledge.
- Application of strong interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships with BCS and other PSRD colleagues, clients and stakeholders, across all grades and disciplines.
The above list is not exhaustive and will vary over time according to business needs. Throughout your work in Consultancy, you will be required to undertake various roles within a team. There will also be a requirement to work both in a dual consulting and shadow consulting role in order to achieve skills transfer. You will be required to demonstrate a team ethos and subscribe to the team values that exist within Consultancy.
A background in business improvement, finance, audit or project management experience.
Good technical skills and knowledge when entering the field of consultancy.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you