FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Grafton Recruitment are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a leading technical specialist distributor of industrial maintenance, repair and overhaul products and services. The Contract Manager is responsible and accountable for the overall business development, growth and management of the assigned customer site. This encompasses profitable sales, cost savings initiatives, customer relationship management, leadership, the direction of the Insite and any related staff, logistics, stock management and purchasing of items not supplied from local or national distribution centre stock.
- Development and delivery of the agreed contract and services.
- Management of preparation and follow up of quotes.
- Conversion and consolidation of the available business basket.
- Delivery of the value proposition and attainment of agreed cost-saving targets.
- Completion of the monthly Insite monthly reports (including scorecards and leakage) and ensuring all relevant functions report onsite activities and opportunities.
- Proactive relationship management with commercial and key accounts and credit control.
- Consistent delivery of agreed levels of customer service.
- Develop onsite relationships by setting and attending regular review meetings, utilising management information to enhance reputation onsite.
- Face to face dealings with customers and agreement of strategy with the Field Sales Executive and Key accounts.
- Develop a program for regular site involvement from technical specialists & key strategic suppliers to enhance reliability performance and achieve cost-saving targets set.
- Implement/execute customer-specific implementation plans.
- Strive to deliver continuous improvement programs to improve customer service levels.
- Delivering high quality and professional service.
- Proactive development of process improvement aimed at improving customer service.
- Ad hoc customer service duties on an as-needed basis (e.g. 24-hour call out service)
- Manage customer expectations and any escalations.
- Develop product knowledge and ability to offer technical support across a wide range of MRO products.
- Planning and management of stock in line with company/Customer requirements and company business targets.
- Adherence to company stock management policies - e.g. perpetual inventory schedules.
- Maintain stock in good saleable condition, retaining traceability (where applicable)
- Negotiation and management of the purchase of non-stock items to support the consolidation of the available basket.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- An understanding/experience of the MRO market, its drivers and key manufacturers in a range of its products.
- Solid technical background/understanding of one or more relevant product areas.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel and K8 an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Excellent commercial awareness with a clear understanding of all aspects of margin management and cost/benefit analysis etc. Strong knowledge and understanding of specific industry segments.
- Dynamic and energetic team player, possessing a clear passion for people.
- Flexible and takes personal accountability and responsibility for delivering results.
- Customer-centric, tenacious and outgoing - comfortable with travelling and high levels of face to face customer interaction.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to adapt behaviour to the situation, i.e. the boardroom and engineers.
- Driving licence.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary circa £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience plus company vehicle, private medical, pension, Employee Assistance Programme and ride to work scheme.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information, you can contact Marc Doorish at the Derry branch, or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.