Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Contractors Specialist for our client based in Dublin 4 to join their Connections and Charging team. This is a 3 year fixed term contract to start ASAP.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers.
As part of the External Affairs function, Connections and Charging is responsible for the preparation and management of contracts for the connection of new generation and demand customers to the transmission systems and the development of the associated policy issues. The team is also responsible for calculating the charges payable by customers for the cost of their connection to the t
The primary purpose of the role is to prepare and issue connection contracts "offers" for new and existing customers connecting directly to the transmission system and those connecting indirectly to the transmission system via the distribution system. The successful candidate will be the point of contact for customers and will also work closely with internal technical, financial and legal teams involved in the preparation of connection contracts.
- Production and issuance of connection offers for generators seeking to connect to the transmission system and the production and issuing of connection contracts to the Distribution System Operator for generators seeking to connect to the distribution system.
- Reviewing complex technical, project delivery and connection charging reports and applying expertise to ensure that information is consistent and aligned with regulatory approved connection policy.
- Interpretation and application of connection charging policy to connection charges for generation seeking to connect to the transmission system.
- Incorporation of key elements of technically focussed reports into standard connection contract templates.
- Identification and drafting of any additional non-standard clauses specific to the unique elements of each contract and negotiating agreement on these new clauses with multiple stakeholders.
- Close liaison with other departments to ensure that the customers' requirements are understood and addressed as part of the preparation of the contracts.
- Ensuring that all that other departments meet their delivery milestones.
- Confidential liaison with customers and the Distribution System Operator as required throughout the offer preparation process ransmission system.
- Educated to degree level, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a contractual/commercial environment or 3 years' experience working in an electricity transmission or distribution organisation.
- Strong customer and commercial awareness.
- Experience in dealing with customers/third parties on a contractual basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work collaboratively across business areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.