- Receive sales orders and liaise with the customer to clarify, agree and confirm their order details.
- Arrange for customer's orders to be processed onto the Conveyor Planner and update with any order amendments.
- Translate the Bill of Materials into kit lists and file for the Conveyor Supervisors
- Place orders internally for conveyor pulleys in line with the Conveyor Planner.
- Maintain open orders, ensure records are accurate and act upon these efficiently.
- Create and forward the weekly delivery schedule to the customers in preparation for the coming week.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisors to ensure they have the full production schedule information and communicate any priorities to them at daily Production Meetings.
- Monitor lead times and agree these with the General Manager for all customers.
- Keep customers informed of any changes to the despatch schedule / delivery times as early as possible.
- Continually liaise with the Purchasing Team to ensure materials are available to the meet the production schedule.
- Arrange with the Costing Engineer for updated pricing on any Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) and communicate these through to the customer for confirmed agreement.
- Maintain drawings folder and issue current revision of drawings to the Production Supervisors.
- Work collaboratively with the customer to resolve queries and meet changed or urgent needs.
- Co-ordinate transport arrangements for delivery of customer orders according to the agreed schedule, and notify the relevant authorities on any oversize loads.
- Record and communicate any customer issues and forward complaints to the Quality Team.
- Keep the General Manager informed of schedule changes, stock shortages, customer queries etc.
- Actively participate in the conveyor improvement project to support the General Manager to meet business targets.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the General Manager/Senior Managers
Ÿ Good level of secondary education including 5 passes at GCSE level A - D including Maths and English or equivalent
Ÿ Post-secondary education to
degree level, in a customer care
Ÿ At least 2 years recent customer service experience
Ÿ Demonstrated ability to form and maintain work
partnerships with customers
Ÿ Experience in the planning and distribution of goods.
Ÿ Experience in the engineering industry
Skills and Competencies
Ÿ Strong organisational, planning & time management skills
Ÿ Good communication skills, both oral and written
Ÿ Competent in use of Microsoft Office
Ÿ Competent in use of Sage 200
Ÿ Good understanding of cost-effective stock control.