Temporary Cook required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 3 x 6 hour shifts (08:00 - 14:00)
Duration: 3 days
- To be responsible for the day-to-day production of meals, snacks and foodstuffs for use in the staff restaurant and in trolley/function catering menus
- To represent the Chef/Supervisor as required
- To be responsible for the effective day-to-day operation of the kitchens and the prioritisation of the work of relevant staff
- To assist in the provision of a high quality staff restaurant, function catering, Member catering and trolley services at all locations
- To prepare and/or deliver food deliver food as necessary at all relevant locations using all vehicles and equipment supplied
- To assist in the planning of menus for restaurant and function use
- To assist in the day-to-day purchasing and utilisation of foodstuffs and raw materials on a cost-effective basis
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in operation in the kitchen, and for ensuring that all work is carried out with due regard to health and safety legislation and best practice
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of catering, food preparation, relevant legislation, food hygiene and other regulations and best practice
- To participate in working groups, project teams and other ad hoc groupings as directed by the Facilities Manager
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required by the Restaurant and Catering Manager
- A recognised catering qualification, for example, NVQ 2 in Catering or equivalent qualification
- A valid CIEH or comparable Food Handlers Certificate as recognised in EU
- Be able to demonstrate at least two years' experience working within a catering function, providing high quality meals and catering for a range of occasions
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.