The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: Providing canteen services & hospitality for staff & visitors. The postholder will undertake general & specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team & will have supervisory responsibility for staff.
Hours of work: 27.5 hrs per week (Mon to Fri 8.30am - 2pm)
* Hold a City & Guilds 706/2 or NVQ Level 3 in Hospitality & Catering (or equivalent) & have at least 1 year's experience of cooking in a catering establishment e.g. school canteens/factory canteens/hotel/restaurant; Or in lieu of qualification Have at least 3 years' experience of cooking in a catering establishment e.g. school canteens/factory canteens/hotel/restaurant
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
* Minimum of 6 months' supervisory experience
* Experience of planning, preparing & costing menus
* Have experience of cash handling & reconciliation
* Knowledge or relevant Health & Safety legislation
* Knowledge of catering supplies procurement
* Have access to a mode of transport that will enable the postholder to fulfil the role in full
* Available to work outside of normal office hours to attend/service meetings as required, to include evenings or weekends as required
* Rates of Pay: £9.16 p/hr
* Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.