Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Council Paralegal to join their team in Coleraine.
Role : Council Paralegal
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks 12 weeks + £13.72
Main Duties :
- Responsible to the Senior Council Solicitor for the effective and efficient provision of operational legal support to the Department as required to meet the business needs.
- To provide effective administrative service to the Senior Council Solicitor and Legal Department.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A Third Level qualification in a relevant subject such as Law or equivalent qualification.
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, of three years' relevant experience of working as a legal Support Officer within a legal practice or legal department.The experience in a legal practice or legal department must include two years' relevant experience in the following :
- The setting up, maintenance and oversight of computerised information support systems;
- Experience in carrying out legal research.
- Experience of drafting/preparation of legal and ancillary documents such as papers/brief to Council, pleadings, discovery bundles, precedents, templates, post completion documents etc...
- A full current driving licence ( Category B, valid in the UK ) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
- Available for call out emergency situations as necessary.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.