Credit Control Team Leader
My Client urgently requires a Credit Control Team leader to oversee a team of Credit Control staff for a period of 12 months.
- Ensure Credit Control policies and procedures are delivered by the credit control team
- Review the performance of direct reports on a regular basis and provide direction on personal development requirements, KPI's and any appropriate actions
- Back fill staff on leave in order to maintain an appropriate level of service
- Arrange and attend regular debt meetings with own Team and Sales Teams
- Approve/Monitor overdue debt payment agreements in line with company policy to maximize cash flow and minimize bad debts
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Banking Team to maximize turnaround and accuracy of cash processing and allocation
- Monitor and ensure smooth and timely completion of month end close of sales ledgers by the Team
- Compile and circulate Aged Debt and DSO reporting
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested by the Credit and Risk Manager
- Approve annual leave requests, ensuring adequate staffing levels within the Credit Control Department
- Monitor sickness levels in line with Company policy and take appropriate action
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her
- Take such action as may be necessary for disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down by the Company
- 4 years of Credit and Commercial experience.
- Supervisory experience of managing a team in a fast-paced credit control function
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of a computerized Credit Control system
- Secondary education
- Preferably, a member of the Institute of Credit Management