Belfast City Centre
Grafton Recruitment are currently recruiting for a temporary experienced Credit Controller in Belfast City Centre.
As a Credit Controller it will be your responsibility to ensure debts are collected from external clients in a timely manner, assess risk of new clients to the firm and minimise the firm's exposure to bad debts. To ensure debts are collected from external clients in a timely manner, assess risk of new clients to the firm and minimise the firm's exposure to bad debts.
Responsibilities as a Credit Controller:
- Assessing the financial risk of new clients
- The management of the Bad debt provision of practice groups / key clients to minimise its impact on the firms profit
- The monitoring of changes in key financial data on a client from an interactive data provider
- Preparation of firm and client payment performance statistics
- Proactive contact with Clients, Partners and Fee-Earners by telephone, email, and correspondence in the pursuit of payment of bills and resolving any problems as quickly as possible
- Producing financial reports, hourly schedules and disbursements breakdowns as needed for internal and external clients
- Monitoring of clients highlighted in debt exposure reports
- Occasionally preparing accounts for legal action
- Experience within Credit Control or the Finance function essential
- eBilling experience desirable
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook. Good excel skills essential
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective relationships. Gains respect and credibility quickly
- Committed to the maintenance of established processes and systems
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities. Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task to meet targets and tight deadlines.
- Some risk assessment experience would be beneficial
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For consideration for the Credit Controller please apply online for the attention of Katie Doyle