Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Archaeologist Curatorial E to start ASAP until 31st March 2020.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50
13+ week's £15.87
Location: Based in Belfast with majority of work in Castlewellan, Ballymena & Moira
Hours: 37 Flexible working hours may be arranged with local management
Degree in Archaeology or related subject or a post graduate qualification in archaeology
- Experience in excavation and post excavation work including reporting on finds
- Experience of the Monuments and Buildings Record/Sites and Monuments Record
- Good use of Excel
Primary work: Based in HED Depots, particularly Castlewellan, Ballymena and Moira
- Reviewing archaeological artefacts in HED storage in advance or proposed move to new storage location. Identification of material which requires future reporting
- Re-boxing and re-bagging of artefacts, particularly human remains, including correct labelling, and re-organisation where required
- Re-organisation of artefacts to facilitate future accommodation move
- Vertification of artefact locations against existing catalogues and updating/amending catalogues as required
- Collating finds across various depot storage locations
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland