Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Curriculum Area Manager in Travel, Tourism and Events Management to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £18.17 per hour
13+ week's £18.17 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00 - 5.00pm)
- Be qualified in accordance with DEL Circular FE01/12 to teach in an Institution of Further Education. (Please refer to the circular, a copy of which is included for your information in this application pack, that outlines the minimum qualifications required to teach in Further Education and demonstrate how you meet this, highlighting relevant qualifications including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or higher, or equivalent)
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised by the Department for Employment and Learning for teaching in further education or be already recognised as a qualified teacher in an Institution of Further Education in accordance with DEL Circular FE01/12Hold a Level 5 Qualification (or above) in a subject area relevant to a Travel, Tourism or Events Management Curriculum discipline.
- Have recent experience of managing a curriculum resource; e.g. subject coordination, course co-ordination, people, projects
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of delivery within the subject discipline of Travel, Tourism and/or Events Management
- Have a sound track record of successful teaching and can demonstrate sustained high quality outcomes
- Experience of innovative curriculum design/and or delivery
- Evidence of entrepreneurialism and innovation, with an ability to identify opportunities to improve learners' experience
- Competent working knowledge and experience of using a wide range of IT packages (e.g. Microsoft Office suite)
- Knowledge of departmental business planning and ability to contribute both creatively and operationally to the development and implementation of those plans.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the role of external quality assurance mechanisms including ETI inspections and awarding body external verification.
- Experience of communication and influencing to achieve desired results
- Performance & Quality Management - To be accountable for setting targets, establishing and implementing performance management systems to monitor achievement of targets by the curriculum area against agreed performance targets and to monitor achievement of targets through operational plans.
- Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Development - To lead in the implementation of the Department's operational plan at curriculum area level and to develop and plan the curriculum, area's portfolio in consultation with the Head of Department, paying particular attention to the development of excellence in teaching and learning and the quality of the learners' classroom experience.
- People & Resource Management- To provide dynamic leadership that contributes to the creation of a culture that encourages debate, rewards innovation and fosters inclusiveness and productive team working within the curriculum area.
- Management of the Curriculum Area - To lead in the management of the curriculum area through the development and implementation of a curriculum plan to advance the strategic academic and business direction of the curriculum area.
A full job description is available on request.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland