* Responsible for verifying and auditing owner occupier sales and operational paperwork, updating customer information into company systems and utilising diary and resource systems.
* Responsible for the planning of connections to the Phoenix Natural Gas network. Contacting customers to plan jobs and liaise closely with our construction partners and outside agencies, and deal with any enquiries relating to our construction activity.
* Drafting of connections letters, information packs and maintaining activity reports associated with owner occupier and commercial planning.
* Assisting as with failure management of PNG construction activity. Issue the daily whereabouts of work, resolving issues to ensure jobs are dispatched and contacting customers to resolve and inform of any operational issues preventing job completion.
* Assist in the planning of asset maintenance programmes, utilising company diary and resource systems and processes.
* Updating connection and asset information on company systems following paperwork received from 'operational field operatives', including filing and archiving of paperwork.
* Contact with customers verbal or in writing and some contacts will involve the resolution of enquiries and complaints associated with asset maintenance work.
* Handling inbound call traffic during peak periods and as and when operationally required.
* Handle effectively a variety of incoming telephone calls providing an efficient and effective service to existing and potential customers in a challenging and target driven environment.
* The direct dispatch of emergency and non-emergency jobs to contractors, engineering staff and construction teams using voice and electronic communications.
* Respond to telephone queries raised by customers, following defined business processes, delivering customer service requests and initiating remedial action in respect of complaints and reported gas emergencies.
* General administrative tasks, recording customer complaints and data inputting of sales call reports, service work documentation, completed meter/ service job documents and installer management information. Preparation and follow up of promotional mailings.
* Sound knowledge and understanding of company systems and processes with the ability to effectively comply with their requirements.
* Contribute to the achievement of Phoenix Natural Gas corporate goals and objectives with particular emphasis on delivering customer service standards through personal behaviour and a positive attitude.
* Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
* Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
* Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
This is an overview of the job as it is presently constructed. This will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the level of duties and responsibilities required of the post holder. The post holder and line manager will be included in any discussions to update the job description and it is our aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible Phoenix Natural Gas Ltd reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description after consultation with you.