CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR
Our client who was established in 1991 in the Coleraine area are looking to recruit a Customer Service Advisor to join their team on a temporary basis with a view to permanent.
The role of the Customer Services Advisor is critical to the success of the business. The customers are predominantly elderly and rely upon the office teams to take their orders over the phone or via the internet.
The defining characteristics of our Customer Services Advisors are organisation and efficiency. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that the company demonstrate is empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all their customers.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Key Aims and Objectives
- To be responsible for the taking of telephone / internet orders and making outbound calls to customers and prospects.
- To support drivers with route planning for the next day's delivery rounds.
- To ensure each customer is provided with "exemplary" service on each telephone call or contact.
- To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
- To ensure customer's needs are met, ensuring they know how to cook the meals, store the meals and re order as necessary.
- To prepare the distribution of mailed promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
- To provide feedback to the franchisee of new opportunities for more business that may be identified when speaking to health care professionals or other database contacts.
- To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
- To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of healthy and nutritious meals to all our customers.
- Most of all - the role of a customer services advisor is to be a trusted friend of all our customers.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience required
- This is a "people" focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know every customer and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you'll be able to treat every customer as an individual.
- To have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- Flexible approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting the product range and service proposition.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a calls based role is highly desirable.
Week 1-13 = £8.21 per hour temporary
Week 13+ = £8.41 per hour permanent