Customer Service Advisor
Job descriptionABOUT THE ROLE
This role is to provide the best possible customer service to our customers, contributing towards the success of the business by going above and beyond to meet our customers' expectations and fulfilling their needs in a safe and timely manner.
Inbound Customer Contact
- To answer customer telephone calls promptly and professionally and to accurately process all orders including customer orders via prescription, cash sales, product sample orders and Territory Manager orders.
- To maintain excellent product knowledge and to answer all enquiries regarding products.
- To resolve any customer queries regarding delivery.
Outbound Customer Contact
- To contact customers regularly, as per agreed frequency with the customer, to ensure orders are confirmed and placed as needed.
- Maximise the number of existing customers who continue to use our service by identifying customers who do not use our service regularly, making proactive contact to secure future orders.
- Maximise the number of new customers who use our service repeatedly, making proactive contact to secure future orders.
Proactive Order Delivery Monitoring
- Regularly review the status of courier deliveries and proactively communicate with customers to advise delivery times and resolve any delivery issues to the customer's satisfaction.
- Ensuring new patients are contacted at the earliest convenience, once they have been referred, to confirm an ongoing ordering pattern.
- Ensuring new patient leads are generated and followed through to achieve targets
Product & Account Administration
- Responsible for accurately inputting data to create new customer accounts in accordance with procedures
- To ensure all records are accurate and are kept up-to-date
- To ensure customer accounts are maintained accurately, including delivery addresses
- Taking credit card payments and liaising with the Accounts department
Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Ensure complaints relating to all areas of customer service are dealt with efficiently and effectively ensuring total customer satisfaction
- Responding appropriately and sincerely to all customer complaints and compliments.
- Reporting all issues that hinder the delivery of excellent Customer Service to the Care Centre Manager or Senior Customer Service Advisor, in their absence
- Record all customer complaints and compliments.
- To attend relevant training courses, keeping own knowledge of the business, products and processes up to date
- To maintain a professional image of the company at all times, demonstrating a can-do approach to both customers and colleagues.
- To adhere to customer confidentiality policies
- To adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company's' Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company's Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Previous experience working as a Customer Service Advisor
- Friendly personality with a "can-do" attitude
- The ability to work as part of a small team
- The ability to handle queries professionally and efficiently with sensitivity
- The ability to deliver a high-quality service
- Conscientious and able to act proactively
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector would be desirable
- Experience of promoting products and services to existing and potential customers.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To liaise with warehouse and DPD Couriers to meet the needs of the customer
- Liaise with finance when handling cash sales
- Inform Territory Manager of any unusual events
- Escalate customer dissatisfaction to the Customer Experience Manager
- To be the point of contact for interdepartmental requests and to action those requests in a timely manner e.g. Warehouse, Accounts
- Liaise with the Nurse regarding any issues affecting our customers or their products and to ensure that new customers' orders are processed within agreed timescales.
- To liaise with GP surgeries to obtain the customers prescription before despatch of product.
- To attend national exhibitions, local exhibitions and open days as and when required.
- Hours of 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday with a 60-minute lunch
- 13 Saturdays per year 8.30am - 12.30pm, as per rota
- Time and attendance bonus
To assist with any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business