Customer Services Assistant
The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide professional and technical advice, guidance and recommendations, and to carry out all the functions associated with the delivery of the client's responsibilities and statutory functions in respect of planning.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration
- Undertaking and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement appeals.
- Dealing with enquires from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
Hours of work: 36 hrs per week
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs including English & Maths (Grade C+) or equivalent AND a minimum of 6 months experience of in a role delivering clerical/administrative duties (e.g. filing, faxing, photocopying, word processing)
- OR (in lieu of qualification) a minimum of 12 months experience of in a role delivering clerical/administrative duties (e.g. filing, faxing, photocopying, word processing).
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a customer facing role (face to face and/or on the telephone) to include dealing with customer queries, customer complaints and providing information to the public.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.