Customer Support Specialist
£18,000 - £20,000
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to be assisting their long term client on the recruitment of a Customer Support Specialist.
Our clients specialise in booking and management systems and due to the continued growth of their business, they are seeking an out-going and charismatic individual to join our team.
As Customer Support you will be responsible for dealing with all technical aspects of our companies relationships with our fast growing customer base. The role will involve working closely with the sales team in order to ensure the smooth setup for new clients systems as well as providing top-quality technical service and support.
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge in support of post sales activities in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Address product related questions and technical challenges, ensuring that client escalations are resolved in due time.
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business growth
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role, or a related qualification.
- Commitment to providing a professional standard of service to customers.
- Ability to liaise and communicate well with clients, developing and maintaining relationships.
- Must be well organised, used to working to tight time scales and meeting deadlines.
- Out-going, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- A good mathematical knowledge with attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the Internet, and the MS Office suite, specifically a sound knowledge and experience working with Excel.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria for this role please attach your CV for the attention of Katie Doyle.