Data Centre Engineer T2 (Full Time, ONSITE )
Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We are excited to be recruiting for a Site engineer for a Data centre. This role would be ideal for an experienced Data centre operative looking to make the next step in their career. The client is willing to work with you to bring your skill level up. This is a full time role that will initially be on 6 month temporary basis before being made permanent.
- Makes suggestions for improving the quality and effectiveness of the interventions and customer services delivered as well as the quality and effectiveness of the data centre.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Maximise efficiency of Operations by utilising all available systems and technologies
- Consistently strive to develop and increase skills & expertise.
- Be an active participant and make observations & suggestions towards the improvement of the data centre effectiveness and efficiency.
- Takes instruction as required and guides & supports junior members of the team and those with less experience in areas of specific expertise
- Works in line with standard operating manuals and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Contribute to team goals and work autonomously when required
Hours of Work:
- 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment in order to minimise downtime.
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment and reports all building and customer defects to the relevant superior.
- Monitors and directs repairs and maintenance executed by subcontractors and documents the results.
- Acts as first line (if desirable) and second line support with respect to responses on alarms and handles or escalates alarms according to guidelines.
- Monitor equipment to ensure adherence to agreed SLA.
- Provides Technical Customer Service Support, carries out operational technical interventions requested by clients.
- Set-up and/or de-installation of Cross Connects (Cabling, Installation, Documentation and testing).
- Operate migration activities (Labelling, Installation, Documentation and testing).
- Providing Hand & Eyes support;
- Reboot of equipment
- Eliminate 'Line disturbance'
- Change parts & Equipment
- Easy repair work
- Minimum 6 months experience in a Data Centre environment.
- Eligible to work in Ireland Full time.
- Manual Handling.
- Some Knowledge of electrical work would be an advantage.
- Mechanical engineering experience.
- Knowledge of
- Live Local to the area.
- €35k Base, 10% Bonus
- Pension contributions.
- Free Parking.
- Canteen facilities.
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.