Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Data Scientist for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
Are you good at math and statistics? Do you love logical problem solving and intellectual challenges? Do you like questioning people's assumptions and have the curiosity to know Why? Are you passionate about data and technology? Do you think you have the focus and attention to detail but also the ability to see the big picture? Are you excited by the environment of a start-up organization within the walls of a 140-year company? If so, we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you. As a data scientist, this is your chance to drive innovation, solve high impact business problems, promote data-driven decision-making and help prepare the company for the next 140 years.
- Building best-in-class predictive models and decision tools to address business needs by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical algorithms
- Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace
- Focus on arming business partners with fact-based decision making and enabling them to quickly and nimbly make changes, as appropriate, that may affect diverse business areas, from customer behavior to risk management, to pricing and other business strategies
- Communicate findings to key stakeholders and team members from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Keep pace with developments in the analytics field and actively seeking out novel methodologies and technologies
- Manage project plans and timelines to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and on time
- Help develop a team of best-in-class analytics professionals; mentor junior staff
The ideal candidate would have:
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline. Proven experience with building and deploying machine learning models in a commercial setting
- Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, tree models (CART, MART), data visualization, cluster analysis, principal components and feature creation, validation
- Programming experience with SQL/Python/R/SAS and/or other relevant languages (e.g. Java, Pig, Scala)
- Ability to train and develop entry-level data scientists
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present and explain data to business managers, with fluency in Microsoft business applications (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- Financial services industry experience, with an understanding of both retail and institutional businesses, preferred
- Experience with (near) real-time decision engines and big data platforms (e.g. Spark)
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.