Grafton Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a large Public Sector Organisation to recruit a temporary part time Data Technician to start asap for a duration of approx. 9 to 12 months.
Role: Asset Data Technician
Pay rate: £12.31ph
Location: Derry / Londonderry
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, 3 days a week
- Collation and reporting of significant and variable data that is essential to ensure that the performance of the business area function can be monitored, reviewed and improved in line with business objectives; relating to such areas as Procurement, Mobile Work Management (MWM), Lifting Operation Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER), Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR), Periodic Electrical Inspection & Testing (PEIT) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) maintenance.
Organising and Planning
- Ability to plan, manage and maintain progress on a diverse work programme and prioritise many competing demands
- Collate and maintain securely all test and inspection certificates and reports produced by the competent body and any written schemes produced.
- Raising of orders and authorising of payments for work completed in line with the clients procedures.
- Liaison with other functions outside bodies as necessary to ensure that operational capability is not compromised.
- Collate and maintain securely NIW / M&E Services documents produced by the competent body and any written schemes produced.
- Maintain electronic records of sites / assets inspected and the results of the inspections and relevant equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies.
- Managing the Contractors with regard to activity management, quality assurance of activities, risk assessment, health and safety
- Ensure that contract performance is monitored and managed where appropriate including timely completion of relevant forms.
- Follow up with timely action plans in the event that policy is not adhered to
- Monitor and analyse data to facilitate production of Regulatory, Financial and Management reports to agreed timescales.
- Take appropriate corrective action when required.
- Facilitate monthly progress meetings with contractors in order to measure progress to date and to plan work ahead.
- Identification of management information requirements and the specification and production of reports.
Applicants must be able to remonstrate on their CV
- Ability to use Crystal Reporting
- Qualification in MS Office - e.g. European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Ability to interrogate MWM Ellipse System to provide reports from Infoview
- Ability to provide and collate information from differing sources and use MS Excel advanced data manipulation tools and facilities to provide reports and information
- Ability to use MS Access with a detailed knowledge of database creation, development, and database management
- Ability to use Maximo asset maintenance management system
- An understanding of LOLER, PSSR & Electricity at Work (EAW) regulations data management requirements.
- Ability to develop presentations, provide training and ongoing support on M&E IT applications associated with database and spreadsheet management.
- Full, current driving license
- Access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
- Awareness of NIW H&S policies.
- Participate in standby and callout duties to provide an emergency service.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland