Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Database Administrator to start ASAP for a duration of 3 months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50
13+ week's £12.16
Location: Belfast BT9
Hours: 9:00am- 5:00pm 5 days a week (37)
- In possession of at least a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing or other discipline relevant to Information Systems / Information Technology (only those courses with a computing content of 50% or more will be considered relevant).
1b. At least 1 years' relevant experience*.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience*.
- Proven experience of troubleshooting instance and database problems and database performance issues in a SQL Server 2005 (or later) database administration environment.
- Proven experience of working with Redgate SQL Backup, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare and SQL Monitor. Proven experience of working with databases containing scientific data.
- At least 1 years' experience working as part of a project team.
*Relevant experience is defined as experience in all of the following:
- Administering SQL Server (2005 or later) instances.
- Creating and maintaining SQL Server (2005 or later) databases and their objects.
- Creation and maintenance of SQL Server (2012 or later) Reporting Services reports.
Applicants must ensure that their application response includes the following sections:
- 1a, 1b, 3, 4 and 5.
- 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Developing and maintaining AFBI's database infrastructure consistent with client demand and corporate importance, and in support of strategic business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management plans.
- Ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the database systems.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the performance of database systems.
- Providing advice to management relating to the modernisation of AFBI's database structures and project managing implementation of same.
- Developing and maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services reports as required.
- Liaising with application developers to promote best practice in database design.
- Developing and maintaining database policies, procedures and user guidance.
- Providing database programming services as required.
While the candidate will be primarily based at the Newforge (Belfast) site, frequent independent travel to other AFBI sites will be necessary to meet all the requirements of the post
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland