The Client: Local body based in Lisburn
The Role: The post holder will ensure that a high quality secretarial service is provided within the business unit at all times including the following:
- Organise administrative support for meetings to include team meetings and exam board meetings
- Ensure minutes are accurately recorded, typed up and provided to management teams in a timely manner
- Upload qualification/examination results to relevant awarding body systems and onto the student management systems - PRISM in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail, telephone calls and electronic mail
- Maintain computerised and manual record keeping systems including those for student-related statistics;
- Ensure that appropriate procurement procedures are followed and that invoices and purchase orders are properly completed, authorised and passed for payment;
- Ensure that monthly returns for staff are processed in accordance with College processes
- Process time and attendance (including additional hours) details for full staff
- Collate, verify and manage primary documents in line with organisational procedures and the College's retention and disposal guidance
Hours of work: 36 hrs per week - Mon to Fri (8.45- 16.30)
- EITHER hold a Level 3 or above qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business or Administration) PLUS a minimum of two years' recent experience of working in administrative setting or customer focused environment OR Have a minimum of four years' recent experience working in an administrative setting or customer focused environment.
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent. Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
- Practical experience, of using Information Management Systems; recent experience of planning and organising administrative tasks; Experience of analysing information and data sets; Experience using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, databases and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving license and access to a car to work across various locations
- Rates of pay £10.05 per hour Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.