Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months - with the possibility of extension.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.50 per hour
13+ week's £19.13 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: 37 (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The qualifications required for the grade are to have successfully completed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy; or
- The Institute of Certified Public Accounts in Ireland.
Have at least a total of 2 years post qualification experience gained within the last 5 years, of acting as a financial business;
Have experience of leading, managing and motivating staff who often need to work to tight deadlines and on tasks where high quality information and guidance needs to be available for managers;
Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills;
Good IT skills and level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel.
- 1. Business partnering for scientific branches.
- Act as first point of contact for branches scientific staff for all financial queries/support;
- Provide branches with regular financial analysis and interpret to assist project leads and Branch Heads with financial management;
- Provide ad hoc and/or regular financial training to scientific annual organisational forecast outturn;
- Collate findings of monthly branch meetings and provide report in pre-agreed format to finance line management;
- Manage the R&D project reporting in line with policies agreed with DAERA;
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Head of Branch and project leads;
- Preparation of any required financial journals;
- Ensure branch and income expenditure are recognised in accordance with accounting standards;
- 2. Establishing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with staff across AFBI and a broad range of other organisations including, as appropriate; the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, the Department of Finance and Personnel, other NI government departments and agencies, other public sector bodies and the NI Audit Office.
- 3. Leading, managing and motivating staff who often needs to work to tight deadlines, and on tasks where high quality information and guidance needs to be available for managers.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland